Friday, July 6, 2007

SHORTPACKED!: I THINK THIS SUCKS

My intention was to get things started by providing cliffs notes versions of some of the comics shat on over at Your Webcomic Sucks, etc. but here my sassy blogging experiment has been immediately derailed by a comic strip which is made up entirely of Venn diagrams and incomprehensible references to toys I never played with as a child (or adult, good fucking lord). I don't feel entirely comfortable making a definitive judgement from this one as I gather from the kooky gang that's chilling up in the title bar that it is not representative of the series as a whole, but I also don't want to read another Shortpacked! strip, so I'll give it the old college try. Immediate impressions:

  • What.
  • Man every webcomic does that same lazy half-moon-of-color-in-the-background-as-a-vague-stab-at-visual-interest, who started that?
  • Is this whole comic about Transformers.

Like I said this feels unfair so I will also review the title bar:

  • The guy with Norman Osborn hair is drawn well
  • Some of these character designs seem kind of awkward. I bet a lot of the time he just doesn't know what to do with a couple of these guys' noses.


VERDICT: THIS COMIC PROBABLY SUCKS BUT IF YOU HAVE A SPEECH READY TO GO OFF THE TOP OF YOUR HEAD ABOUT HOW THAT SMARMY FUCK SHIA LABEOUF IS FUCKING OVERRATED AND DIDN'T DESERVE TO BE A PART OF THE TRANSFORMERS LEGEND THEN WHO KNOWS MAYBE NOT. IF YOU ARE A NORMAL HUMAN BEING THERE'S NOTHING HERE FOR YOU.

God, starting off on such a wishy-washy note. I feel ill.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

theres actually a lot of funny and insightful jokes about pop culture, and later on in the series there is a great deal of interesting character development. Just letting you know that its "more than meets the eye"
(oh god im so sorry im going to bad joke hell)